SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): June 29, 2020
DPW HOLDINGS, INC.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
|(State or other jurisdiction of
incorporation or organization)
|(Commission File Number)||(I.R.S. Employer Identification |
201 Shipyard Way, Newport Beach, CA 92663
(Address of principal executive offices) (Zip Code)
(Registrant's telephone number, including area code)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
|o||Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)|
|o||Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)|
|o||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))|
|o||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))|
Securities registered pursuant to Section 12(b) of the Act:
|Title of each class||
|Name of each exchange on which registered|
|Common Stock, $0.001 par value||DPW||NYSE American|
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (§230.405 of this chapter) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§240.12b-2 of this chapter).
Emerging growth company ☐
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On June 26, 2020, DPW Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”) issued to several institutional investors (the “Investors”) unsecured Promissory Notes (the “Notes,” and each, a “Note”) in the aggregate principal face amount of $800,000, with an interest rate of 12%. The outstanding principal face amount, plus any accrued and unpaid interest, is due by September 26, 2020, or as otherwise provided in accordance with the terms set forth therein. In connection therewith, the Company delivered to the Investors warrants (the “Warrants,” and each, a “Warrant”) to purchase an aggregate of 361,991 shares of the Company’s common stock at an exercise price of $2.43, subject to adjustments. Each of the exercise of Warrant is subject to approval of the NYSE American (the “Exchange Approval”).
Description of the Unsecured Promissory Note
The principal amount of each Note, plus any accrued and unpaid interest at a rate of 12% per annum, shall be due and payable on September 26, 2020. The Note contains standard and customary events of default including, but not limited to, failure to make payments when due under the Note, failure to comply with certain covenants contained in the Note, or bankruptcy or insolvency of the Company. After the occurrence of any Event of Default that results in the eventual acceleration of the Note, interest payable on the outstanding principal of the Note shall bear interest at the then applicable interest rate set forth therein plus thirteen percent (13%) per annum or the maximum rate permitted under applicable law.
So long as no Event of Default exists during the term of the Note, in the event that the Company consummates any single public or private offering or other financing or capital-raising transaction of any kind in which the Company receives gross proceeds of at least $3,000,000, the Company shall make payment of an amount in cash equal to the sum of the then outstanding principal amount of the Notes plus any accrued and unpaid interest.
Description of the Warrant
The Warrants entitle the Investors to purchase an aggregate of 361,991 shares of Common Stock (the “Warrant Shares”) at an exercise price of $2.43 per share for a period of five years, subject to certain beneficial ownership limitations. The Warrant is immediately exercisable once the Company obtains approval thereof by the NYSE American. The exercise price is subject to adjustment for customary stock splits, stock dividends, combinations or similar events. Notwithstanding anything therein to the contrary, the Warrants may be exercised via cashless exercise at the option of the Investor.
If any Investor elect to exercise its Warrant on a cashless basis, it will receive a number of shares of Common Stock (the “Net Number”) derived from the following formula:
Net Number = (A x B)/C
A= the total number of shares with respect to which this Warrant is then being exercised.
B= Black Scholes Value.
C= the closing bid price of the Common Stock as of two (2) trading days prior to the time of such exercise, provided, however, that in no event shall the closing bid price used for the purposes of calculating the Net Number be less than $0.50.
If the Investors were to elect a cashless exercise of their Warrants based on the Closing Bid Price on Friday, June 26, 2020, $2.23, then the Net Number of shares issuable to the Investors would be 343,112.
The foregoing descriptions of the Notes and the Warrants do not purport to be complete and are qualified in their entirety by reference to their respective forms which are annexed hereto as Exhibits 4.1, and 4.2, respectively, to this Current Report on Form 8-K and are incorporated herein by reference. The foregoing does not purport to be a complete description of the rights and obligations of the parties thereunder and such descriptions are qualified in their entirety by reference to such exhibits.
Item 2.03 Creation of a Direct Financial Obligation or an Obligation under an Off-Balance Sheet Arrangement of a Registrant.
The information contained in Item 1.01 of this Current Report on Form 8-K is incorporated herein by reference to this Item 2.03.
Item 3.02 Unregistered Sales of Equity Securities
The information contained in Item 1.01 of this Current Report on Form 8-K is incorporated herein by reference to this Item 3.02. The securities described in this Current Report on Form 8-K were offered and sold to the Investor in reliance upon exemption from the registration requirements under Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act of 1933.
Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure.
On June 29, 2020, the Company issued a press release announcing that it has issued the Notes and the delivered the Warrants to the Investors, which press release is furnished herewith as Exhibit 99.1 and is incorporated by reference herein.
In accordance with General Instruction B.2 of Form 8-K, the information under this item, Exhibit 99.1 shall not be deemed filed for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, nor shall such information be deemed incorporated by reference in any filing under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, except as shall be expressly set forth by specific reference in such a filing. This report will not be deemed an admission as to the materiality of any information required to be disclosed solely to satisfy the requirements of Regulation FD.
Item 9.01 Exhibits and Financial Statements.
|4.1||Form of Unsecured Promissory Note|
|4.2||Form of Warrant|
|99.1||Press Release issued by DPW Holdings, Inc., on June 29, 2020|
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|DPW HOLDINGS, INC.|
|Dated: June 29, 2020||/s/ Milton C. Ault, III|
Milton C. Ault, III
Chief Executive Officer
UNSECURED PROMISSORY NOTE
|[●]||New York City, New York|
June 26, 2020
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, and subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, DPW Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter referred to as “Maker”), hereby unconditionally promises to pay to [●] (and together with its successors and assigns, hereinafter referred to as “Holder”), in the manner hereinafter provided, the aggregate principal sum of [●], or, if less, the aggregate unpaid principal amount of all advances made from time to time by Holder to Maker pursuant to and in accordance with this Note, in immediately available funds and in lawful money of the United States of America, together with interest thereon, all in accordance with the provisions hereinafter specified.
1. Advance. On the date hereof, Maker received an advance of the aggregate principal sum of [●], from Holder. Amounts advanced hereunder and repaid may not be reborrowed.
2. Accrual of Interest. Interest shall accrue and be computed on the principal amount outstanding from time to time under this Note until the same is repaid in full at a rate equal twelve percent (12%) per annum. Interest shall be calculated hereunder on the basis of a 360-day year for the actual number of days elapsed.
3. Payment of Interest. Maker shall pay interest on this Note on the Maturity Date (as hereafter defined) to Holder. Interest payable on this Note shall be paid on the Maturity Date in cash. During the continuance of an Event of Default, notwithstanding anything else to the contrary contained in this Note, interest payable on the outstanding principal hereunder shall bear interest at the then applicable interest rate set forth in the immediately preceding section plus thirteen percent (13%) per annum; provided, however, that such rate shall be increased or decreased to reflect the maximum interest rate permitted under applicable law. Such interest shall be payable in cash upon demand.
4. Maturity Date. The entire unpaid principal amount of this Note, together with all accrued unpaid interest, shall be due and payable on September 26, 2020 (the “Maturity Date”) or, if earlier, the date on which this Note is declared due and payable pursuant to the terms of this Note, including without limitation as provided in Section 5 or Section 9 of this Note.
5. Prepayment. So long as no Event of Default exists during the term of the Note, in the event that the Maker consummates any single public or private offering or other financing or capital-raising transaction of any kind in which the Maker receives gross proceeds of at least $3,000,000, at any time upon written notice to the Maker, the Maker shall make payment to the Holder of an amount in cash equal to the sum of the then outstanding principal amount of this Note plus any accrued and unpaid interest within ten (10) days of its receipt of such notice.
6. Manner and Application of Payments. All amounts payable in cash hereunder shall be payable to Holder by wire transfer of immediately available funds and in lawful money of the United States of America without set-off, deduction or counterclaim at such place as Holder may from time to time designate in writing to Maker. Payments hereunder shall be applied first to interest and then to principal outstanding hereunder, except that if Holder has incurred any cost or expense in connection with the enforcement or collection of the obligations of Maker hereunder, Holder shall have the option of applying any monies received from Maker to payment of such costs or expenses plus interest thereon before applying any of such monies to any interest or principal then due. If any payment of principal or interest under this Note shall be payable on a day other than a business day such payment shall be made on the next succeeding business day and interest shall be payable at the rate specified in this Note during such extension. The books and records of Holder shall be the best evidence of any amounts at any time owed under this Note (including but not limited to principal, interest and any fees owed hereunder) and shall be conclusive absent manifest error.
7. Representation and Warranties. Maker hereby represents and warrants to Holder that:
(i) Maker is validly existing as a corporation under the laws of the State of Delaware and has the power and authority to execute and deliver this Note and has duly executed and delivered this Note;
(ii) this Note is the legal, valid and binding obligation of Maker, enforceable in accordance with its terms;
(iii) the execution, delivery and performance of this Note and the borrowing evidenced hereby does not (i) require the consent or approval of any other party (including any governmental or regulatory party), (ii) violate any law, regulation, agreement, order, writ, judgment, injunction, decree, determination or award presently in effect to which Maker is a party or to which Maker or any of its assets may be subject, or (iii) conflict with or constitute a breach of, or default under, or require any consent under, or result in the creation of any lien, charge or encumbrance upon the property or assets of Maker pursuant to any other agreement or instrument (other than any pledge of or security interest granted in any collateral pursuant to this Note) to which Maker is a party or is bound or by which its properties may be bound or affected; and
(iv) there are no actions, suits, investigations or proceedings pending or, to the best of Maker’s knowledge, threatened at law, in equity, in arbitration or by or before any other authority involving or affecting Maker that are likely to have a material adverse effect on the financial condition of Maker.
(i) Further Assurances. Maker shall execute, acknowledge and deliver, or cause to be executed, acknowledged or delivered, any and all such further assurances and other agreements or instruments, and take or cause to be taken all such other action, as shall be reasonably necessary from time to time to give full effect to the Note and the obligations hereunder.
(ii) Maintenance of Existence. Maker shall preserve, renew and maintain in full force and effect its corporate or organizational existence and take all reasonable action to maintain all rights and privileges necessary or desirable in the ordinary course of business except as would not have a materially adverse effect.
(iii) Notices of Defaults. As soon as possible and in any event within two (2) business days after Maker becomes aware of a Default or Event of Default under this Note, Maker shall notify Holder in writing of the nature and extent of such default or event of default and the action, if any, Maker has taken or proposes to take with respect to such default or event of default.
9. Events of Default. Each of the following acts, events or circumstances shall constitute an Event of Default (each an “Event of Default”) hereunder:
(i) Maker shall default in the payment when due (in accordance with the terms of this Note) of any principal;
(ii) Maker shall default in the payment when due (in accordance with the terms of this Note) of any interest or other amounts owing hereunder, and such default is not cured within three (3) business days of the due date;
(iii) (a) Maker shall commence a voluntary case concerning itself under any bankruptcy, insolvency or similar laws or statutes (including Title 11 of the United States Code, as amended, supplemented or replaced) (collectively, the “Bankruptcy Code”); or (b) an involuntary case is commenced against Maker and is not dismissed within ninety (90) days; or (c) a custodian (as defined in the Bankruptcy Code) is appointed for, or takes charge of, all or substantially all of the property of Maker or Maker commences any other proceeding under any reorganization, arrangement, adjustment of debt, relief of debtors, dissolution, insolvency or liquidation or similar law of any jurisdiction whether now or hereafter in effect relating to Maker or there is commenced against Maker any such proceeding; or (d) any order of relief or other order approving any such case or proceeding is entered; or (e) Maker is adjudicated insolvent or bankrupt; or (f) Maker makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors; or (g) Maker shall call a meeting of its creditors with a view to arranging a composition or adjustment of its debts; or (h) Maker shall by any act or failure to act consent to, approve of or acquiesce in any of the foregoing;
(iv) Maker shall dissolve or for any reason cease to be in existence;
(v) any representation or warranty made or that is deemed made by Maker shall have been false or misleading in any material respect on the date as of which such representation or warranty was made or deemed made;
(vi) Maker shall fail to perform or observe any agreement, covenant or obligation arising under any provision hereof for more than thirty (30) days following receipt by Maker of a notice from Holder indicating any such violation; and
(vii) any material adverse effect shall occur with respect to (a) the validity or enforceability of this Note or the rights, powers and privileges purported to be created hereby, (b) the right rights and remedies of the Holder hereunder, (c) Maker’s ability to perform any of its obligations hereunder, or (d) the business, assets, properties, liabilities (actual or contingent), operations or condition (financial or otherwise) of Maker.
If an Event of Default, other than an Event of Default described in clause (iii) of this section, occurs, Holder by written notice to Maker may declare the principal of and accrued interest on this Note to be immediately due and payable. Upon a declaration of acceleration, such principal and interest shall become immediately due and payable. If an Event of Default described in clause (iii) of this Section occurs, the principal of and accrued interest on this Note then outstanding shall become immediately due and payable without any declaration or other act on the part of Holder.
As used herein, the term “Default” means any event or condition which constitutes an Event of Default or which upon notice, lapse of time or both would, unless cured or waived, become an Event of Default.
10. Remedies; Cumulative Rights. In addition to the rights provided under the immediately preceding Section, Holder shall also have any other rights that Holder may have been afforded under any contract or agreement at any time, and any other rights that Holder may have pursuant to applicable law. No delay on the part of Holder in the exercise of any power or right under this Note or under any other instrument executed pursuant hereto shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall a single or partial exercise of any power or right preclude other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other power or right. No extension of time of the payment of this Note or any other modification, amendment or forbearance made by agreement with any person now or hereafter liable for the payment of this Note shall operate to release, discharge, modify, change or affect the liability of any co-borrower, endorser, guarantor or any other person with regard to this Note, either in part or in whole. No failure on the part of Holder or any holder hereof to exercise any right or remedy hereunder, whether before or after the occurrence of a default, shall constitute a waiver thereof, and no waiver of any past default shall constitute a waiver of any future default or of any other default. No failure to accelerate the debt evidenced hereby by reason of an Event of Default hereunder or acceptance of a past due installment, or indulgence granted from time to time shall be construed to be a waiver of the right to insist upon prompt payment thereafter, or to impose late payment charges, or shall be deemed to be a novation of this Note or any reinstatement of the debt evidenced hereby, or a waiver of such right of acceleration or any other right, or be construed so as to preclude the exercise of any right which Holder or any holder hereof may have, whether by the laws of the State of New York, by agreement or otherwise, and none of the foregoing shall operate to release, change or affect the liability of Maker under this Note, and Maker hereby expressly waives (to the extent allowed by law) the benefit of any statute or rule of law or equity which would produce a result contrary to or in conflict with the foregoing.
11. Attorneys’ Fees. Maker agrees to pay all costs and expenses of collection and enforcement of this Note when incurred, including Holder’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and legal and court costs, including any incurred on appeal or in connection with bankruptcy or insolvency, whether or not any lawsuit or proceeding is ever filed with respect hereto.
12. Waivers. Except for the notices expressly required by the terms of this Note (which rights to notice are not waived by Maker), Maker, for itself and its successors and assigns, hereby forever waives presentment, protest and demand, notice of protest, demand, dishonor and non-payment of this Note, and all other notices in connection with the delivery, acceptance, performance, default or enforcement of the payment of this Note, and waives and renounces (to the extent allowed by law), all rights to the benefits of any statute of limitations and any moratorium, appraisement, and exemption now allowed or which may hereby be provided by any federal or state statute or decisions against the enforcement and collection of the obligations evidenced by this Note and any and all amendments, substitutions, extensions, renewals, increases, and modifications hereof. Maker expressly agrees that this Note may be extended or subordinated, by forbearance or otherwise, from time to time, without in any way affecting the liability of Maker. No consent or waiver by Holder with respect to any action or failure to act which without such consent or waiver would constitute a breach of any provision of this Note shall be valid or binding unless in writing signed by Holder and then only to the extent expressly specified therein. Neither the failure nor any delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under this Note, at law or equity, or otherwise available agreement, will operate as a waiver of such right, power or privilege and no single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege by Holder will preclude any other or further exercise of such right, power or privilege.
13. Notices. Any notices required or permitted to be given under the terms of this Note shall be sent or delivered personally or by courier (including a recognized, receipted overnight delivery service) or by facsimile (with a copy sent by a recognized, receipted overnight delivery service) and shall be effective upon receipt, if delivered personally or by courier (including a recognized overnight delivery service) or by facsimile, in each case addressed to Maker or Holder. The addresses for such communications shall be:
If to Maker:
DPW Holdings, Inc.
201 Shipyard Way, Suite E
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Attention: Milton C. Ault, III
Telephone: (949) 444-5464
Facsimile: (949) 444-5464
If to Holder:
Maker or Holder shall provide notice to the other of any change in its address.
14. Usury. All terms, conditions and agreements herein are expressly limited so that in no contingency or event whatsoever, whether by acceleration of maturity of the unpaid principal balance hereof, or otherwise, shall the amount paid or agreed to be paid to Holder for the use, forbearance or detention of the money advanced hereunder exceed the highest lawful rate permissible under applicable laws. If, from any circumstances whatsoever, fulfillment of any provision hereof shall involve transcending the limit of validity prescribed by law which a court of competent jurisdiction, in a final determination may deem applicable hereto, then ipso facto, the obligation to be fulfilled shall be reduced to the limit of such validity, and if under any circumstances Holder shall ever receive as interest an amount which would exceed the highest lawful rate, such amount which would be excessive interest shall be applied to reduction of the unpaid principal balance due hereunder and not to the payment of interest.
15. Severability; Invalidity. Maker and Holder intend and believe that each provision in this Note comports with all applicable local, state and federal laws and judicial decisions. However, if any provisions, provision, or portion of any provision in this Note is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be in violation of any applicable local, state or federal ordinance, statute, law, or administrative or judicial decision, or public policy, including applicable usury laws, and if such court would declare such portion, provision or provisions of this Note to be illegal, invalid, unlawful, void or unenforceable as written, then it is the intent of all parties hereto that such portion, provision or provisions shall be given force and effect to the fullest possible extent they are legal, valid and enforceable, and the remainder of this Note shall be construed as if such illegal, invalid, unlawful, void or unenforceable portion, provision or provisions were severable and not contained herein, and the rights, obligations and interest of Maker and Holder under the remainder of this Note shall continue in full force and effect.
16. No Strict Construction. The language used in this Note shall be deemed to be the language chosen by the parties hereto to express their mutual intent, and no rule of strict construction shall be applied against any party.
17. Assignment. Maker may not transfer, assign or delegate any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Holder. Holder shall have the right, without the consent of Maker, to transfer or assign, in whole or in part, its rights and interests in and to this Note, and, as used herein, the term “Holder” shall mean and include such successors and assigns. This Note shall accrue to the benefit of Holder and its successors and assigns and shall be binding upon the undersigned and its successors and assigns.
18. Amendment. The provisions of this Note may be amended only by a written instrument signed by Maker and Holder.
19. Governing Law. THIS NOTE AND THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ALL PARTIES HEREUNDER SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
20. Jurisdiction; Waiver of Jury Trial. ALL ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS NOTE SHALL BE FILED, TRIED AND LITIGATED IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK. MAKER WAIVES ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION BASED UPON OR ARISING OUT OF THIS NOTE, INCLUDING CONTRACT CLAIMS, BREACH OF DUTY CLAIMS, AND ALL OTHER COMMON LAW OR STATUTORY CLAIMS. MAKER HAS REVIEWED THIS WAIVER AND KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVES THE AFORESAID TRIAL RIGHTS FOLLOWING CONSULTATION WITH LEGAL COUNSEL. IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, A COPY OF THIS NOTE MAY BE FILED AS A WRITTEN CONSENT TO A TRIAL BY THE COURT.
[Remainder Of Page Intentionally Left Blank; Signature Page Follows]
EXECUTED AND DELIVERED as of the first date written above.
|MAKER:||DPW HOLDINGS, INC.|
DPW Holdings, Inc.
Warrant To Purchase Shares of Class A Common Stock
Warrant No.: __________
Date of Issuance: June 26, 2020 (“Issuance Date”)
DPW Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, [●], the registered holder hereof or its permitted assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled, subject to the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company, at the Exercise Price (as defined below) then in effect, upon exercise of this Warrant to Purchase Class A Common Stock (including any Warrants to Purchase Common Stock issued in exchange, transfer or replacement hereof, the “Warrant”), at any time or times on or after the Effective Date, but not after 11:59 p.m., New York time, on the Expiration Date (as defined below), [●] (subject to adjustment as provided herein), fully paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock (as defined below) (the “Warrant Shares”). For purposes of this Warrant, “Exchange Approval” shall mean approval of the issuance of Common Stock contemplated by this Agreement by the NYSE American, which approval shall be obtained as promptly as practicable after the Issuance Date.
1. EXERCISE OF WARRANT.
(a) Mechanics of Exercise.
Subject to the terms and conditions hereof (including, without limitation, the limitations set forth in Section 1(e)), this Warrant may, subject to the Company’s receipt of Exchange Approval, which date is referred to herein as the “Effective Date,” be exercised or exchanged by the Holder on any day on or after the Effective Date in whole or in part, by delivery (whether via facsimile or otherwise) of a written notice, in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Exercise Notice”), of the Holder’s election to exercise this Warrant. Within one (1) Trading Day following an exercise of this Warrant as aforesaid, the Holder shall deliver payment to the Company of an amount equal to the Exercise Price in effect on the date of such exercise multiplied by the number of Warrant Shares as to which this Warrant was so exercised (in respect of such specific exercise, the “Aggregate Exercise Price”) in cash or via wire transfer of immediately available funds provided, however, that if the Holder has elected to exercise all or part of this Warrant on a cashless basis, it shall surrender the Warrant, in whole or in part (as applicable), rather than deliver a cash payment to the Company. The Holder shall not be required to deliver the original of this Warrant in order to effect an exercise hereunder. Execution and delivery of an Exercise Notice with respect to less than all of the Warrant Shares shall have the same effect as cancellation of the original of this Warrant certificate and issuance of a new Warrant certificate evidencing the right to purchase the remaining number of Warrant Shares. Execution and delivery of an Exercise Notice for all of the then-remaining Warrant Shares shall have the same effect as cancellation of the original of this Warrant certificate after delivery of the Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms hereof. On or before the first (1st) Trading Day following the date on which the Company has received an Exercise Notice, the Company shall transmit by facsimile an acknowledgment of confirmation of receipt of such Exercise Notice, in the form attached hereto as Exhibit B, to the Holder and the Company’s transfer agent (the “Transfer Agent”). On or before the first (1st) Trading Day following the date on which the Company has received such Exercise Notice, the Company shall credit such aggregate number of shares of Common Stock to which the Holder is entitled pursuant to such exercise to the Holder’s or its designee’s balance account with The Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) through its Deposit/Withdrawal at Custodian system. Upon delivery of an Exercise Notice, the Holder shall be deemed for all corporate purposes to have become the holder of record of the Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant has been exercised, irrespective of the date such Warrant Shares are credited to the Holder’s DTC account. If this Warrant is submitted in connection with any exercise pursuant to this Section 1(a) and the number of Warrant Shares represented by this Warrant submitted for exercise is greater than the number of Warrant Shares being acquired upon an exercise, then, at the request of the Holder and upon surrender hereof by the Holder at the principal office of the Company, the Company shall as soon as practicable and in no event later than three (3) Business Days after any exercise and at its own expense, issue and deliver to the Holder (or its designee) a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 8(d)) representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares purchasable immediately prior to such exercise under this Warrant, less the number of Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant is exercised. No fractional shares of Common Stock are to be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant, but rather the number of shares of Common Stock to be issued shall be rounded up to the nearest whole number. The Company shall pay any and all taxes and fees which may be payable with respect to the issuance and delivery of Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant.
Whensoever mentioned in this Warrant, the term “exercise” shall be deemed to mean “exercise or exchange” unless any such interpretation would result in manifest error.
(b) Exercise Price.
For purposes of this Warrant, “Exercise Price” means $2.43, subject to adjustment as provided herein.
(c) Company’s Failure to Timely Deliver Securities.
To the extent permitted by law, the Company’s obligations to issue and deliver the shares of Common Stock upon exercise of the Warrant in accordance with the terms hereof are absolute and unconditional, irrespective of any action or inaction by the Holder to enforce the same, any waiver or consent with respect to any provision hereof, the recovery of any judgment against any person or any action to enforce the same, or any setoff, counterclaim, recoupment, limitation or termination, or any breach or alleged breach by the Holder or any other person of any obligation to the Company or any violation or alleged violation of law by the Holder or any other person, and irrespective of any other circumstance that might otherwise limit such obligation of the Company to the Holder in connection with the issuance of the shares of Common Stock. Nothing herein shall limit the Holder’s right to pursue any other remedies available to it hereunder, at law or in equity including, without limitation, a decree of specific performance and/or injunctive relief with respect to the Company’s failure to timely deliver the shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant as required pursuant to the terms hereof.
(d) Cashless Exercise.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, the Holder may in its sole discretion (and without limiting the Holder’s rights and remedies contained herein), exercise this Warrant in whole or in part and, in lieu of making the cash payment otherwise contemplated to be made to the Company upon such exercise in payment of the aggregate Exercise Price, elect instead to receive upon such exercise the “Net Number” of shares of Common Stock determined according to the following formula (a “Cashless Exercise”):
Net Number = (A x B)/C
For purposes of the foregoing formula:
A= the total number of shares with respect to which this Warrant is then being exercised.
B= Black Scholes Value.
C= the Closing Bid Price of the Common Stock as of two (2) Trading Days prior to the time of such exercise, provided, however, that in no event shall the Closing Bid Price used for the purposes of calculating the Net Number be less than $0.50.
“Black Scholes Value” means the Black Scholes value of an option for one share of Common Stock at the date of the applicable Cashless Exercise, as such Black Scholes value is determined, calculated using the Black Scholes Option Pricing Model obtained from the “OV” function on Bloomberg utilizing (i) an underlying price per share equal to the Exercise Price, (ii) a risk-free interest rate corresponding to the U.S. Treasury rate, (iii) a strike price equal to the Exercise Price in effect at the time of the applicable Cashless Exercise, (iv) an expected volatility equal to 135%, and (v) a deemed remaining term of the Warrant of five (5) years (regardless of the actual remaining term of the Warrant).
In the case of a dispute as to the determination of the Exercise Price or the arithmetic calculation of the number of Warrant Shares (including, without limitation, the Net Number) to be issued pursuant to the terms hereof, the Company shall promptly issue to the Holder the number of Warrant Shares that are not disputed, provided that following such issuance to Holder such dispute shall be resolved in accordance with Section 15.
(f) Limitations on Exercises and Exchanges.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Warrant, this Warrant shall not be exercisable or exchangeable by the Holder hereof to the extent (but only to the extent) that the Holder or any of its affiliates would beneficially own in excess of 4.99% of the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding after giving effect to the issuance of shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of the Warrants calculated in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act (the “Maximum Percentage”). To the extent the above limitation applies, the determination of whether this Warrant shall be exercisable or exchangeable (vis-à-vis other convertible, exercisable or exchangeable securities owned by the Holder or any of its affiliates) and of which such securities shall be exercisable or exchangeable (as among all such securities owned by the Holder) shall, subject to such Maximum Percentage limitation, be determined on the basis of the first submission to the Company for conversion, exercise or exchange (as the case may be). No prior inability to exercise or exchange this Warrant pursuant to this paragraph shall have any effect on the applicability of the provisions of this paragraph with respect to any subsequent determination of exercisability or exchangeability. For the purposes of this paragraph, beneficial ownership and all determinations and calculations (including, without limitation, with respect to calculations of percentage ownership) shall be determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the 1934 Act and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder. The provisions of this paragraph shall be implemented in a manner otherwise than in strict conformity with the terms of this paragraph to correct this paragraph (or any portion hereof) which may be defective or inconsistent with the intended Maximum Percentage beneficial ownership limitation herein contained or to make changes or supplements necessary or desirable to properly give effect to such Maximum Percentage limitation. The limitations contained in this paragraph shall apply to a successor Holder of this Warrant. The holders of shares of Common Stock shall be third party beneficiaries of this paragraph and the Company may not waive this paragraph without the consent of holders of a majority of its shares of Common Stock. For any reason at any time, upon the written or oral request of the Holder, the Company shall within two (2) Business Days confirm orally and in writing to the Holder the number of shares of Common Stock then outstanding, including by virtue of any prior conversion or exercise or exchange of convertible or exercisable or exchangeable securities into shares of Common Stock, including, without limitation, pursuant to this Warrant.
(g) Reservation of Shares; Insufficient Authorized Shares.
The Company shall initially reserve out of its authorized and unissued shares of Common Stock a number of shares of Common Stock equal to 200% of the maximum number of Warrant Shares issuable to satisfy the Company’s obligations to issue shares of Common Stock hereunder, and the Company shall at all times keep reserved for issuance under this Warrant a number of shares of Common Stock equal to 200% of the maximum number of Warrant Shares issuable to satisfy the Company’s obligation to issue shares of Common Stock hereunder. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, and not in limitation thereof, at any time while this Warrant remains outstanding the Company does not have a sufficient number of authorized and unreserved shares of Common Stock to satisfy its obligation to reserve for issuance upon exercise or exchange of this Warrant at least a number of shares of Common Stock equal to the number of shares of Common Stock as shall from time to time be necessary to effect the exercise or exchange this Warrant or the portion of this Warrant then outstanding (the “Required Reserve Amount”) (an “Authorized Share Failure”), then the Company shall immediately take all action necessary to increase the Company’s authorized shares of Common Stock to an amount sufficient to allow the Company to reserve the Required Reserve Amount for this Warrant then outstanding. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing sentence, as soon as practicable after the date of the occurrence of an Authorized Share Failure, but in no event later than ninety (90) days after the occurrence of such Authorized Share Failure, the Company shall hold a meeting of its shareholders for the approval of an increase in the number of authorized shares of Common Stock. In connection with such meeting, the Company shall provide each shareholder with a proxy statement and shall use its reasonable efforts to solicit its shareholders’ approval of such increase in authorized shares of Common Stock and to cause its board of directors to recommend to the shareholders that they approve such proposal.
2. ADJUSTMENT OF EXERCISE PRICE AND NUMBER OF WARRANT SHARES. The Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 2.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits.
Without limiting any provision of Section 4, if the Company, at any time on or after the Effective Date, (i) pays a stock dividend on one or more classes of its then outstanding shares of Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides (by any stock split, stock dividend, recapitalization or otherwise) one or more classes of its then outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares or (iii) combines (by combination, reverse stock split or otherwise) one or more classes of its then outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of shareholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination. If any event requiring an adjustment under this paragraph occurs during the period that an Exercise Price is calculated hereunder, then the calculation of such Exercise Price shall be adjusted appropriately to reflect such event.
(b) Number of Warrant Shares.
Simultaneously with any adjustment to the Exercise Price pursuant to this Section 2, the number of Warrant Shares that may be purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be increased or decreased proportionately, so that after such adjustment the aggregate Exercise Price payable hereunder for the adjusted number of Warrant Shares shall be the same as the aggregate Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment (without regard to any limitations on exercise contained herein).
All calculations under this Section 2 shall be made by rounding to the nearest 1/10000th of cent and the nearest 1/100th of a share, as applicable. The number of shares of Common Stock outstanding at any given time shall not include shares owned or held by or for the account of the Company, and the disposition of any such shares shall be considered an issue or sale of shares of Common Stock.
(d) Other Events.
In the event that the Company shall take any action to which the provisions hereof are not strictly applicable, or, if applicable, would not operate to protect the Holder from dilution or if any event occurs of the type contemplated by the provisions of this Section 2 but not expressly provided for by such provisions (including, without limitation, the granting of stock appreciation rights, phantom stock rights or other rights with equity features), then the Company’s board of directors shall in good faith determine and implement an appropriate adjustment in the Exercise Price and the number of Warrant Shares (if applicable) so as to protect the rights of the Holder, provided that no such adjustment pursuant to this Section 2(d) will increase the Exercise Price or decrease the number of Warrant Shares as otherwise determined pursuant to this Section 2, provided further that if the Holder does not accept such adjustments as appropriately protecting its interests hereunder against such dilution, then the Company’s board of directors and the Holder shall agree, in good faith, upon an independent investment bank of nationally recognized standing to make such appropriate adjustments, whose determination shall be final and binding and whose fees and expenses shall be borne by the Company.
3. RIGHTS UPON DISTRIBUTION OF ASSETS. In addition to any adjustments pursuant to Section 2 above, if the Company shall declare or make any dividend or other distribution of its assets (or rights to acquire its assets) to holders of shares of Common Stock, by way of return of capital or otherwise (including, without limitation, any distribution of cash, stock or other securities, indebtedness, property or options by way of a dividend, spin off, reclassification, corporate rearrangement, scheme of arrangement or other similar transaction, other than a distribution of shares of Common Stock covered by Section 2(a)) (a “Distribution”), at any time after the issuance of this Warrant, then, in each such case, the Holder shall be entitled to participate in such Distribution to the same extent that the Holder would have participated therein if the Holder had held the number of shares of Common Stock acquirable upon complete exercise of this Warrant (without regard to any limitations on exercise hereof, including without limitation, the Maximum Percentage) immediately before the date on which a record is taken for such Distribution, or, if no such record is taken, the date as of which the record holders of shares of Common Stock are to be determined for the participation in such Distribution (provided, however, to the extent that the Holder’s right to participate in any such Distributions would result in the Holder exceeding the Maximum Percentage, then the Holder shall not be entitled to participate in such Distribution to such extent (or the beneficial ownership of any such shares of Common Stock as a result of such Distribution to such extent) and such Distribution to such extent shall be held in abeyance for the benefit of the Holder until such time, if ever, as its right thereto would not result in the Holder exceeding the Maximum Percentage).
4. PURCHASE RIGHTS; FUNDAMENTAL TRANSACTIONS.
(a) Purchase Rights.
In addition to any adjustments pursuant to Section 2 above, if at any time the Company grants, issues or sells any Options, Convertible Securities or rights to purchase stock, warrants, securities or other property pro rata to the record holders of any class of shares of Common Stock (the “Purchase Rights”), then the Holder will be entitled to acquire, upon the terms applicable to such Purchase Rights, the aggregate Purchase Rights which the Holder could have acquired if the Holder had held the number of shares of Common Stock acquirable upon complete exercise of this Warrant (without regard to any limitations on exercise hereof, including without limitation, the Maximum Percentage) immediately before the date on which a record is taken for the grant, issuance or sale of such Purchase Rights, or, if no such record is taken, the date as of which the record holders of shares of Common Stock are to be determined for the grant, issue or sale of such Purchase Rights (provided, however, to the extent that the Holder’s right to participate in any such Purchase Right would result in the Holder exceeding the Maximum Percentage, then the Holder shall not be entitled to participate in such Purchase Right to such extent (or beneficial ownership of such shares of Common Stock as a result of such Purchase Right to such extent) and such Purchase Right to such extent shall be held in abeyance for the Holder until such time, if ever, as its right thereto would not result in the Holder exceeding the Maximum Percentage).
(b) Fundamental Transactions.
The Company shall not enter into or be party to a Fundamental Transaction unless the Successor Entity assumes in writing all of the obligations of the Company under this Warrant and the other Transaction Documents related to this Warrant in accordance with the provisions of this Section 4(b) pursuant to written agreements in form and substance reasonably satisfactory to the Holder and approved by the Holder prior to such Fundamental Transaction, including agreements confirming the obligations of the Successor Entity as set forth in this paragraph (b) and (c) and elsewhere in this Warrant and an obligation to deliver to the Holder in exchange for this Warrant a security of the Successor Entity evidenced by a written instrument substantially similar in form and substance to this Warrant, including, without limitation, which is exercisable for a corresponding number of shares of capital stock equivalent to the shares of Common Stock acquirable and receivable upon exercise of this Warrant (without regard to any limitations on the exercise of this Warrant) prior to such Fundamental Transaction, and with an exercise price which applies the exercise price hereunder to such shares of capital stock (but taking into account the relative value of the shares of Common Stock pursuant to such Fundamental Transaction and the value of such shares of capital stock, such adjustments to the number of shares of capital stock and such exercise price being for the purpose of protecting the economic value of this Warrant immediately prior to the consummation of such Fundamental Transaction). Notwithstanding the foregoing, at the election of the Holder upon exercise of this Warrant following a Fundamental Transaction, the Successor Entity shall deliver to the Holder, in lieu of the shares of Common Stock (or other securities, cash, assets or other property (except such items still issuable under Sections 3 and 4(a) above, which shall continue to be receivable thereafter)) issuable upon the exercise of this Warrant prior to the applicable Fundamental Transaction, such shares of common stock (or its equivalent) of the Successor Entity (including its Parent Entity), or other securities, cash, assets or other property, which the Holder would have been entitled to receive upon the happening of the applicable Fundamental Transaction had this Warrant been exercised immediately prior to the applicable Fundamental Transaction; provided, however, that such amount of reserved shares of Common Stock shall be limited by the Maximum Percentage of shares of Common Stock as set forth in Section 1(e).
(c) Application. The provisions of this Section 4 shall apply similarly and equally to successive Fundamental Transactions and shall be applied as if this Warrant (and any such subsequent warrants issued hereunder) were fully exercisable and without regard to any limitations on the exercise of this Warrant (provided that the Holder shall continue to be entitled to the benefit of the Maximum Percentage, applied however with respect to shares of capital stock registered under the 1934 Act and thereafter receivable upon exercise of this Warrant (or any such other warrant)).
5. PIGGYBACK REGISTRATION RIGHTS.
(a) The Holder shall have the right (subject to this Section 5), to include the Warrant Shares as part of any other registration of securities filed by the Company in a registration statement under Securities Act (including, but not limited to, registration statements relating to secondary offerings of securities of the Company but excluding any registration statements (i) on Form S-4 or S-8 (or any successor or substantially similar form), or of any employee stock option, stock purchase or compensation plan or of securities issued or issuable pursuant to any such plan, or a dividend reinvestment plan, (ii) otherwise relating to any employee, benefit plan or corporate reorganization or other transactions covered by Rule 145 promulgated under the Securities Act, or (iii) on any registration form that does not permit secondary sales or does not include substantially the same information as would be required to be included in a registration statement covering the resale of the Warrant Shares). In the event the Holder desires to include in any such registration statement all or any part of the Warrant Shares held by the Holder, the Holder shall within fifteen (15) days after the above-described notice from the Company, so notify the Company in writing, including the number of such Warrant Shares that the Holder wishes to include in such registration statement. If the Holder decides not to include all of its Warrant Shares in any registration statement thereafter filed by the Company, the Holder shall continue to have the right to include any Warrant Shares in any subsequent registration statement or registration statements as may be filed by the Company until the Holder has sold all of the Warrant Shares held by it. The Company shall bear all fees and expenses attendant to registering the Warrant Shares, including the reasonable fees of the Holder’s legal counsel selected by the Holder to represent it in connection with the sale of the Warrant, but the Holder shall pay any and all underwriting commissions.
(b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the managing underwriter or underwriters of any such proposed public offering advise the Company that the total amount or kind of securities that the Holder, the Company and any other persons intended to be included in such proposed public offering is sufficiently large to adversely affect the success of such proposed public offering, then the amount or kind of securities to be offered for the various parties wishing to have shares of the Company’s common stock registered shall be included in the following order:
(i) if the Company proposes to register treasury shares or authorized but unissued shares of its common stock (collectively, “Primary Securities”):
(A) first, the Primary Securities; and
(B) second, any securities that the Company has agreed to register in connection with its entry into that certain Master Exchange Agreement dated as February, 10, 2020 (the “Exchange Shares”) and the Warrant Shares requested to be included in such registration statement, together with shares of its common stock that do not constitute Warrant Shares, Exchange Shares or Primary Securities (“Other Securities”) held by parties exercising similar piggy-back registration rights (or if necessary, such Warrant Shares and Other Securities pro rata among the holders thereof based upon the number of such Warrant Shares and Other Securities requested to be registered by each such holder).
(ii) if the Company proposes to register Other Securities, the Warrant Shares requested to be included in such registration, together with Other Securities held by parties exercising similar piggy-back registration rights (or if necessary, such Warrant Shares and Other Securities pro rata among the holders thereof based upon the number of such Warrant Shares and Other Securities requested to be registered by each such holder).
In the event that the Company shall become obligated to withdraw or postpone a registration statement referred to herein pursuant to the terms of this Agreement or by applicable law or regulation (a “Registration Statement”), it may do so at any time before it becomes effective or withdraw, postpone or terminate the offering after it becomes effective without obligation to the Holder; provided, however, that the Company shall use its best efforts to maintain effectiveness of the Registration Statement until all Holder’s Warrant Shares covered thereby have been sold by the Holder. In the event that not all Holder’s Warrant Shares were sold under the initial Registration Statement, the Holder shall retain its rights hereunder with respect to any additional Registration Statement, which the Company agrees to exercise its best efforts to maintain effective until all Holder’s remaining Warrant Shares covered thereby have been sold by the Holder.
(c) As a condition to the inclusion of its Warrant Shares, the Holder shall furnish to the Company such information regarding the Holder and the distribution proposed by the Holder as the Company may request in writing or as shall be required in connection with any registration, qualification or compliance referred to in this Agreement.
(d) The Holder agrees by acquisition of the Warrant Shares that, upon receipt of any notice from the Company of the happening of any event that, in the good faith judgment of the Company’s Board of Directors, requires the suspension of the Holder’s rights under this Section 5, the Holder will forthwith discontinue disposition of the Warrant Shares pursuant to the then current prospectus included in the Registration Statement, as the same may be amended or supplemented (including such prospectus subject to completion) (the “Prospectus”), until the Holder is advised in writing by the Company that the use of the Prospectus may be resumed. If so directed by the Company, on the happening of such event, the Holder will deliver to the Company all copies, other than permanent file copies then in the Holder’s possession, of the Prospectus covering the Warrant Shares at the time of receipt of such notice.
(e) The Holder hereby covenants with the Company (i) not to make any sale of Warrant Shares without effectively causing the prospectus delivery requirements under the Securities Act to be satisfied, and (ii) if such Warrant Shares are to be sold by any method or in any transaction other than on a national securities exchange, or in the over-the-counter market, in privately negotiated transactions, or in a combination of such methods, to notify the Company at least 5 business days prior to the date on which the Holder first offers to sell any such Warrant Shares.
(f) The Holder acknowledges and agrees that the Warrant Shares sold pursuant to a registration statement described in this Section 5 are not transferable on the books of the Company unless the stock certificate submitted to the transfer agent evidencing the Warrant Shares is accompanied by a certificate reasonably satisfactory to the Company to the effect that (x) the Warrant Shares have been sold in accordance with such registration statement and (y) the requirement of delivering a current Prospectus has been satisfied.
(g) The Holder shall not take any action with respect to any distribution deemed to be made pursuant to such registration statement that would constitute a violation of Regulation M under the Exchange Act, or any other applicable rule, regulation or law.
(h) Upon the mandated termination of the effectiveness of any registration statement described in this Section 5, the Holder shall discontinue sales of the Warrant Shares pursuant to such registration statement upon receipt of notice from the Company of the Company’s intention to remove from registration the Warrant Shares covered by such registration statement that remain unsold, and the Holder shall notify the Company of the number of registered Warrant Shares that remain unsold immediately upon receipt of such notice from the Company.
(i) In the case of the registration of any underwritten primary offering initiated by the Company (other than any registration by the Company on Form S-4 or Form S-8 (or any successor or substantially similar form), or of (i) an employee stock option, stock purchase or compensation plan or of securities issued or issuable pursuant to any such plan, or (ii) a dividend reinvestment plan) or any underwritten secondary offering initiated at the request of a holder of securities of the Company pursuant to registration rights granted by the Company, the Holder agrees not to effect any public sale or distribution of securities of the Company, except as part of such underwritten registration, during the period beginning fifteen (15) days prior to the closing date of such underwritten offering and during the period ending ninety (90) days after such closing date (or such longer period as may be reasonably requested by the Company or by the managing underwriter or underwriters).
6. NONCIRCUMVENTION. The Company hereby covenants and agrees that the Company will not, by amendment of its certificate of incorporation, bylaws or through any reorganization, transfer of assets, consolidation, merger, scheme of arrangement, dissolution, issue or sale of securities, or any other voluntary action, avoid or seek to avoid the observance or performance of any of the terms of this Warrant, and will at all times in good faith carry out all the provisions of this Warrant and take all action as may be required to protect the rights of the Holder. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company (i) shall not increase the par value of any shares of Common Stock receivable upon the exercise of this Warrant above the Exercise Price then in effect, (ii) shall take all such actions as may be necessary or appropriate in order that the Company may validly and legally issue fully paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock upon the exercise of this Warrant, and (iii) shall, so long as this Warrant is outstanding, take all action necessary to reserve and keep available out of its authorized and unissued shares of Common Stock, solely for the purpose of effecting the exercise of this Warrant, the maximum number of shares of Common Stock as shall from time to time be necessary to effect the exercise of this Warrant; provided, however, that such amount of reserved shares of Common Stock shall be limited by the Maximum Percentage of shares of Common Stock as set forth in Section 1(e).
7. WARRANT HOLDER NOT DEEMED A SHAREHOLDER. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, the Holder, solely in its capacity as a holder of this Warrant, shall not be entitled to vote or receive dividends or be deemed the holder of share capital of the Company for any purpose, nor shall anything contained in this Warrant be construed to confer upon the Holder, solely in its capacity as the Holder of this Warrant, any of the rights of a shareholder of the Company or any right to vote, give or withhold consent to any corporate action (whether any reorganization, issue of stock, reclassification of stock, consolidation, merger, conveyance or otherwise), receive notice of meetings, receive dividends or subscription rights, or otherwise, prior to the issuance to the Holder of the Warrant Shares which it is then entitled to receive upon the due exercise of this Warrant. In addition, nothing contained in this Warrant shall be construed as imposing any liabilities on the Holder to purchase any securities (upon exercise of this Warrant or otherwise) or as a shareholder of the Company, whether such liabilities are asserted by the Company or by creditors of the Company. Notwithstanding this Section 7, the Company shall provide the Holder with copies of the same notices and other information given to the shareholders of the Company generally, contemporaneously with the giving thereof to the shareholders.
8. REISSUANCE OF WARRANTS.
(a) Transfer of Warrant.
If this Warrant is to be transferred, the Holder shall surrender this Warrant to the Company, whereupon the Company will forthwith issue and deliver upon the order of the Holder a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 8(d)), registered as the Holder may request, representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares being transferred by the Holder and, if less than the total number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant is being transferred, a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 8(d)) to the Holder representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares not being transferred. If, at the time of the surrender of this Warrant in connection with any transfer of this Warrant, the transfer of this Warrant shall not be either (i) registered pursuant to an effective registration statement under the Securities Act and under applicable state securities or blue sky laws or (ii) eligible for resale without volume or manner-of-sale restrictions or current public information requirements pursuant to Rule 144, the Company may require, as a condition of allowing such transfer, that the Holder or transferee of this Warrant, as the case may be, provide to the Company an opinion of counsel selected by the Holder and reasonably acceptable to the Company, the form and substance of which opinion shall be reasonably satisfactory to the Company, to the effect that such transfer does not require registration of such transferred securities under the Securities Act.
(b) Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Warrant.
Upon receipt by the Company of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant (as to which a written certification and the indemnification contemplated below shall suffice as such evidence), and, in the case of loss, theft or destruction, of any indemnification undertaking by the Holder to the Company in customary and reasonable form and, in the case of mutilation, upon surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 8(d)) representing the right to purchase the Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant.
(c) Exchangeable for Multiple Warrants.
This Warrant is exchangeable, upon the surrender hereof by the Holder at the principal office of the Company, for a new Warrant or Warrants (in accordance with Section 8(d)) representing in the aggregate the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant, and each such new Warrant will represent the right to purchase such portion of such Warrant Shares as is designated by the Holder at the time of such surrender; provided, however, no warrants for fractional shares of Common Stock shall be given.
(d) Issuance of New Warrants.
Whenever the Company is required to issue a new Warrant pursuant to the terms of this Warrant, such new Warrant (i) shall be of like tenor with this Warrant, (ii) shall represent, as indicated on the face of such new Warrant, the right to purchase the Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant (or in the case of a new Warrant being issued pursuant to Section 8(a) or Section 8(c), the Warrant Shares designated by the Holder which, when added to the number of shares of Common Stock underlying the other new Warrants issued in connection with such issuance, does not exceed the number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant), (iii) shall have an issuance date, as indicated on the face of such new Warrant which is the same as the Effective Date, and (iv) shall have the same rights and conditions as this Warrant.
9. CALL PROVISION. Provided that there is at any such time an effective registration statement covering the Warrant Shares, the Company will have the option to call for the redemption of the Warrant at any time in the event that the Company’s stock price trades at a 100% premium to the warrant exercise price for ten consecutive trading days. If the Company elects to call the Warrant, it will deliver written notice to the Holder that the Company intends to redeem the Warrant at a price of $4.86 per share (“the “Call Price”) fifteen days from the delivery of the notice and, if the Holder does not exercise the Warrant within the fifteen day period, the Company will redeem the Warrant for the Call Price. The Holder may in its sole discretion exercise the Warrant for cash or on a cashless basis.
10. NOTICES. Any notices, consents, waivers or other communications required or permitted to be given under the terms of this Warrant must be in writing and will be deemed to have been delivered: (i) upon receipt, when delivered personally; (ii) upon receipt, when sent by facsimile (provided confirmation of transmission is mechanically or electronically generated and kept on file by the sending party); (iii) upon confirmation of transmission, when sent by email; or (iv) one business day after deposit with an overnight courier service, in each case properly addressed to the party to receive the same. The addresses and facsimile numbers for such communications shall be (A) if to the Company, at the address set forth on its signature page attached hereto or (B) if to the Holder, to 211 East 43rd Street, Suite 402, New York, NY 10017 or to such other address and/or facsimile number and/or to the attention of such other Person as the recipient party has specified by written notice given to each other party five (5) days prior to the effectiveness of such change. Written confirmation of receipt (x) given by the recipient of such notice, consent, waiver or other communication, (y) mechanically or electronically generated by the sender’s facsimile machine containing the time, date, recipient facsimile number and an image of the first page of such transmission or (z) provided by an overnight courier service shall be rebuttable evidence of personal service, receipt by facsimile or receipt from an overnight courier service in accordance with clause (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) above, respectively.
The Company shall provide the Holder with prompt written notice of all actions taken pursuant to this Warrant, including in reasonable detail a description of such action and the reason therefor. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company will give written notice to the Holder (i) as soon as practicable upon each adjustment of the Exercise Price and the number of Warrant Shares, setting forth in reasonable detail, and certifying, the calculation of such adjustment(s) and (ii) at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date on which the Company closes its books or takes a record (A) with respect to any dividend or distribution upon the shares of Common Stock, (B) with respect to any grants, issuances or sales of any Options, Convertible Securities or rights to purchase stock, warrants, securities, indebtedness, or other property pro rata to holders of shares of Common Stock or (C) for determining rights to vote with respect to any Fundamental Transaction, dissolution or liquidation, provided in each case that such information (to the extent it constitutes, or contains, material, non-public information regarding the Company shall be made known to the public prior to or in conjunction with such notice being provided to the Holder and (iii) at least ten (10) Trading Days prior to the consummation of any Fundamental Transaction. To the extent that any notice provided hereunder (whether under this Section 10 or otherwise) constitutes, or contains, material, non-public information regarding the Company, the Company shall simultaneously file such notice with the SEC pursuant to a Current Report on Form 8-K. It is expressly understood and agreed that the time of execution specified by the Holder in each Exercise Notice shall be definitive and may not be disputed or challenged by the Company.
11. AMENDMENT AND WAIVER. Except as otherwise provided herein, the provisions of this Warrant (other than Section 1(e)) may be amended and the Company may take any action herein prohibited, or omit to perform any act herein required to be performed by it, only if the Company has obtained the written consent of the Holder. No waiver shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party.
12. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Warrant is prohibited by law or otherwise determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the provision that would otherwise be prohibited, invalid or unenforceable shall be deemed amended to apply to the broadest extent that it would be valid and enforceable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Warrant so long as this Warrant as so modified continues to express, without material change, the original intentions of the parties as to the subject matter hereof and the prohibited nature, invalidity or unenforceability of the provision(s) in question does not substantially impair the respective expectations or reciprocal obligations of the parties or the practical realization of the benefits that would otherwise be conferred upon the parties. The parties will endeavor in good faith negotiations to replace the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s) with a valid provision(s), the effect of which comes as close as possible to that of the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s).
13. GOVERNING LAW. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with, and all questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and performance of this Warrant shall be governed by, the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdictions) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdictions other than the State of New York. The Company hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in The City of New York, Borough of Manhattan, for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection herewith or with any transaction contemplated hereby or discussed herein, and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any suit, action or proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any such court, that such suit, action or proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or that the venue of such suit, action or proceeding is improper. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any manner permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed or operate to preclude the Holder from bringing suit or taking other legal action against the Company in any other jurisdiction to collect on the Company’s obligations to the Holder or to enforce a judgment or other court ruling in favor of the Holder. THE COMPANY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO, AND AGREES NOT TO REQUEST, A JURY TRIAL FOR THE ADJUDICATION OF ANY DISPUTE HEREUNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THIS WARRANT OR ANY TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
14. CONSTRUCTION; HEADINGS. This Warrant shall be deemed to be jointly drafted by the Company and the Holder and shall not be construed against any Person as the drafter hereof. The headings of this Warrant are for convenience of reference and shall not form part of, or affect the interpretation of, this Warrant.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. In the case of a dispute as to the determination of the Exercise Price or fair market value or the arithmetic calculation of the Warrant Shares (as the case may be), the Company or the Holder (as the case may be) shall submit the disputed determinations or arithmetic calculations (as the case may be) via facsimile (i) within two (2) Business Days after receipt of the applicable notice giving rise to such dispute to the Company or the Holder (as the case may be) or (ii) if no notice gave rise to such dispute, at any time after the Holder or the Company (as the case may be) learned of the circumstances giving rise to such dispute. If the Holder and the Company are unable to agree upon such determination or calculation (as the case may be) of the Exercise Price or fair market value or the number of Warrant Shares (as the case may be) within three (3) Business Days of such disputed determination or arithmetic calculation being submitted to the Company or the Holder (as the case may be), then the Company shall, within two (2) Business Days submit via facsimile (a) the disputed arithmetic calculation of the Warrant Shares, the disputed determination of the Exercise Price or fair market value (as the case may be) to an independent, reputable investment bank selected by the Holder or (b) if acceptable to the Holder, the disputed arithmetic calculation of the Warrant Shares to the Company’s independent, outside accountant. The Company shall cause at its expense the investment bank or the accountant (as the case may be) to perform the determinations or calculations (as the case may be) and notify the Company and the Holder of the results no later than ten (10) Business Days from the time it receives such disputed determinations or calculations (as the case may be). Such investment bank’s or accountant’s determination or calculation (as the case may be) shall be binding upon all parties absent demonstrable error.
16. REMEDIES, CHARACTERIZATION, OTHER OBLIGATIONS, BREACHES AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. The remedies provided in this Warrant shall be cumulative and in addition to all other remedies available under this Warrant and the other Transaction Documents, at law or in equity (including a decree of specific performance and/or other injunctive relief), and nothing herein shall limit the right of the Holder to pursue actual damages for any failure by the Company to comply with the terms of this Warrant. The Company covenants to the Holder that there shall be no characterization concerning this instrument other than as expressly provided herein. Amounts set forth or provided for herein with respect to payments, exercises and the like (and the computation thereof) shall be the amounts to be received by the Holder and shall not, except as expressly provided herein, be subject to any other obligation of the Company (or the performance thereof). The Company acknowledges that a breach by it of its obligations hereunder will cause irreparable harm to the Holder and that the remedy at law for any such breach may be inadequate. The Company therefore agrees that, in the event of any such breach or threatened breach, the holder of this Warrant shall be entitled, in addition to all other available remedies, to an injunction restraining any breach, without the necessity of showing economic loss and without any bond or other security being required. The Company shall provide all information and documentation to the Holder that is requested by the Holder to enable the Holder to confirm the Company’s compliance with the terms and conditions of this Warrant (including, without limitation, compliance with Section 2 hereof). The issuance of shares and certificates for shares as contemplated hereby upon the exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder or such shares for any issuance tax or other costs in respect thereof, provided that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax which may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the issuance and delivery of any certificate in a name other than the Holder or its agent on its behalf.
17. TRANSFER. This Warrant may be offered for sale, sold, transferred or assigned without the consent of the Company.
18. CERTAIN DEFINITIONS. For purposes of this Warrant, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(a) “Black Scholes Value” means the Black Scholes value of an option for one share of Common Stock at the date of the applicable Cashless Exercise, as such Black Scholes value is determined, calculated using the Black Scholes Option Pricing Model obtained from the “OV” function on Bloomberg utilizing (i) an underlying price per share equal to the Exercise Price, (ii) a risk-free interest rate corresponding to the U.S. Treasury rate, (iii) a strike price equal to the Exercise Price in effect at the time of the applicable Cashless Exercise, (iv) an expected volatility equal to 135%, and (v) a deemed remaining term of the Warrant of five (5) years (regardless of the actual remaining term of the Warrant).
(b) “Common Stock” means (i) the Company’s Class A common stock, $0.001 par value per share, and (ii) any capital stock into which such common stock of the Company shall have been changed or any share capital resulting from a reclassification of such common stock.
(c) “Closing Bid Price” means, for any security as of any date, the last closing bid price and the last closing trade price, respectively, for such security on the Principal Market, as reported by Bloomberg, or, if the Principal Market begins to operate on an extended hours basis and does not designate the closing bid price or the closing trade price (as the case may be) then the last bid price of such security prior to 4:00:00 p.m., New York time, as reported by Bloomberg, or, if the Principal Market is not the principal securities exchange or trading market for such security, the last closing bid price or last trade price, respectively, of such security on the principal securities exchange or trading market where such security is listed or traded as reported by Bloomberg, or if the foregoing do not apply, the average of the bid prices, or the ask prices, respectively, of all of the market makers for such security as reported in the “pink sheets” by OTC Markets Group Inc. (formerly Pink Sheets LLC). If the Closing Bid Price cannot be calculated for a security on a particular date on any of the foregoing bases, the Closing Bid Price of such security on such date shall be the fair market value as mutually determined by the Company and the Holder. If the Company and the Holder are unable to agree upon the fair market value of such security, then such dispute shall be resolved in accordance with the procedures in Section 15. All such determinations shall be appropriately adjusted for any stock dividend, stock split, stock combination or other similar transaction during such period.
(d) “Eligible Market” means the Principal Market, New York Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq Global Select Market, the Nasdaq Global Market or the Nasdaq Capital Market.
(e) “Expiration Date” means November 25, 2021 or, if such date falls on a day other than a Business Day or on which trading does not take place on the Principal Market (a “Holiday”), the next date that is not a Holiday.
(f) “Fundamental Transaction” means that (i) the Company shall, directly or indirectly, in one or more related transactions, (1) consolidate or merge with or into (whether or not the Company is the surviving entity) any other Person unless the shareholders of the Company immediately prior to such consolidation or merger continue to hold more than 50% of the outstanding shares of Voting Stock after such consolidation or merger, or (2) sell, lease, license, assign, transfer, convey or otherwise dispose of all or substantially all of its properties or assets to any other Person, or (3) allow any other Person to make a purchase, tender or exchange offer that is accepted by the holders of more than 50% of the outstanding shares of Voting Stock of the Company (not including any shares of Voting Stock of the Company held by the Person or Persons making or party to, or associated or affiliated with the Persons making or party to, such purchase, tender or exchange offer), or (4) consummate a stock or share purchase agreement or other business combination (including, without limitation, a reorganization, recapitalization, spin-off or scheme of arrangement) with any other Person whereby such other Person acquires more than 50% of the outstanding shares of Voting Stock of the Company (not including any shares of Voting Stock of the Company held by the other Person or other Persons making or party to, or associated or affiliated with the other Persons making or party to, such stock or share purchase agreement or other business combination), or (ii) any “person” or “group” (as these terms are used for purposes of Sections 13(d) and 14(d) of the 1934 Act and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder) is or shall become the “beneficial owner” (as defined in Rule 13d-3 under the 1934 Act), directly or indirectly, of 50% of the aggregate ordinary voting power represented by issued and outstanding Voting Stock of the Company.
(g) “Options” means any rights, warrants or options to subscribe for or purchase shares of Common Stock or Convertible Securities.
(h) “Parent Entity” of a Person means an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls the applicable Person and whose common stock or equivalent equity security is quoted or listed on an Eligible Market, or, if there is more than one such Person or Parent Entity, the Person or Parent Entity with the largest public market capitalization as of the date of consummation of the Fundamental Transaction.
(i) “Successor Entity” means the Person (or, if so elected by the Holder, the Parent Entity) formed by, resulting from or surviving any Fundamental Transaction or the Person (or, if so elected by the Holder, the Parent Entity) with which such Fundamental Transaction shall have been entered into.
(j) “Voting Stock” of a Person means capital stock of such Person of the class or classes pursuant to which the holders thereof have the general voting power to elect, or the general power to appoint, at least a majority of the board of directors, managers or trustees of such Person (irrespective of whether or not at the time capital stock of any other class or classes shall have or might have voting power by reason of the happening of any contingency).
[signature page follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to Purchase Common Stock to be duly executed as of the Issuance Date set out above.
|DPW Holdings, Inc.|
|Name: Milton C. Ault, III|
Title: Chief Executive Officer
|Address:||201 Shipyard Way, Suite E|
|Newport Beach, CA 92663|
TO BE EXECUTED BY THE REGISTERED HOLDER TO EXERCISE THIS
WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON STOCK
DPW Holdings, Inc.
The undersigned holder hereby exercises the right to purchase _________________ of the shares of Common Stock (“Warrant Shares”) of DPW Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), evidenced by Warrant to Purchase Common Stock No. _______ (the “Warrant”). Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
1. Form of Exercise Price. The Holder intends that payment of the Exercise Price shall be made as:
____________ a “Cash Exercise” with respect to ____________ Warrant Shares; and/or
____________ a “Cashless Exercise” with respect to____________ Warrant Shares.
In the event that the Holder has elected a Cashless Exercise with respect to some or all of the Warrant Shares, the Holder represents and warrants that __________ shares of Common Stock are to be delivered pursuant to such Cashless Exercise, as further specified in Annex A to this Exercise Notice.
2. Payment of Exercise Price. In the event that the Holder has elected a Cash Exercise with respect to some or all of the Warrant Shares, the Holder shall pay the Aggregate Exercise Price in the sum of $ to the Company in accordance with the terms of the Warrant.
3. Delivery of Warrant Shares and Net Number of shares of Common Stock. The Company shall deliver to Holder, or its designee or agent as specified below, shares of Common Stock in respect of the exercise contemplated hereby. Delivery shall be made to Holder, or for its benefit, to the following address:
Date: _______________ __, ______
|Name of Registered Holder|
|(if electronic book entry transfer)|
|Transaction Code Number:|
|(if electronic book entry transfer)|
ANNEX A TO EXERCISE NOTICE
CASHLESS EXERCISE EXCHANGE CALCULATION
TO BE FILLED IN BY THE REGISTERED HOLDER TO EXCHANGE THE
WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON A STOCK FOR COMMON STOCK IN A
CASHLESS EXERCISE PURSUANT TO SECTION 1(d) OF THE WARRANT
Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
Net Number = (A x B)/C = shares of Common Stock For purposes of the foregoing formula:
A= the total number of shares with respect to which the Warrant is then being exercised
B= Black Scholes Value (as defined in Section 18 of the Warrant)
C= the Closing Bid Price of the Common Stock as of two (2) Trading Days prior to the time of such exercise (as such Closing Bid Price is defined in Section 18 of the Warrant)
Date: __________ ___, 20__
Name of Registered Holder
The Company hereby acknowledges this Exercise Notice and hereby directs ______________ to issue the above indicated number of shares of Common Stock in accordance with the Transfer Agent Instructions dated _________, 20__, from the Company and acknowledged and agreed to by _______________.
|DPW Holdings, Inc|
DPW Holdings, Inc. Announces Issuance of $800,000 Unsecured Promissory Notes
Newport Beach, CA, June 29, 2020 -- DPW Holdings, Inc. (NYSE American: DPW) a diversified holding company (“DPW,” or the “Company”) announced that on June 26, 2020, it issued to several institutional investors unsecured promissory notes in the aggregate principal face amount of $800,000, with an interest rate of 12%. The outstanding principal face amount, plus any accrued and unpaid interest, is due by September 26, 2020, or as otherwise provided in accordance with the terms set forth in the promissory notes. In connection with the issuance, the Company delivered to the investors warrants to purchase an aggregate of 361,991 shares of the Company’s common stock at an exercise price of $2.43, subject to adjustments. The exercise of the warrants is subject to approval of the NYSE American.
DPW’s CEO and Chairman, Milton “Todd” Ault, III said, “The capital raise announced today will help the Company fulfill recent orders and further the progress we are making on the path to increased revenue generation and improvements to bottom line results.”
For more information on DPW Holdings and its subsidiaries, the Company recommends that stockholders, investors and any other interested parties read the Company’s public filings and press releases available under the Investor Relations section at www.DPWHoldings.com or available at www.sec.gov.
About DPW Holdings, Inc.
DPW Holdings, Inc. is a diversified holding company pursuing growth by acquiring undervalued businesses and disruptive technologies with a global impact. Through its wholly and majority-owned subsidiaries and strategic investments, the Company provides mission-critical products that support a diverse range of industries, including defense/aerospace, industrial, telecommunications, medical, and textiles. In addition, the Company extends credit to select entrepreneurial businesses through a licensed lending subsidiary. DPW’s headquarters are located at 201 Shipyard Way, Suite E, Newport Beach, CA 92663; www.DPWHoldings.com.
This press release contains “forward looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements generally include statements that are predictive in nature and depend upon or refer to future events or conditions, and include words such as “believes,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “strategy,” “future,” “opportunity,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “potential,” or similar expressions. Statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current beliefs and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update any of them publicly in light of new information or future events. Actual results could differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement as a result of various factors. More information, including potential risk factors, that could affect the Company’s business and financial results are included in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, the Company’s Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. All filings are available at www.sec.gov and on the Company’s website at www.DPWHoldings.com.
IR@DPWHoldings.com or 1-888-753-2235